Bellagio, the pearl of Lake Como, is a small village at the tip of a long hilly promontory between the two southern branches of Lake Como. For this reason, Bellagio has panoramic lake views and is an impossibly enchanting location. Furthermore, the village is characterized not only by century-old buildings, stone lanes and picturesque cobbled stairways, but also by a pretty lakeside promenade. Along its typical narrow streets line many little shops and boutiques for shopping, as well as cafes and cute restaurants, where you can try delicious local specialties. Due to its ideal position, it’s the perfect place to visit Lake Como from Poggio Verde. For sports lovers or if you are travelling with children, try the fun canyoning trip available nearby! Free parking lots can be found near the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni or around the Parco Martiri della Libertà.
Length of Drive: 50 minutes from PoggioVerde
Type of Visit: Natural Beauty, Culture, Nature
Things to see:
- Villa Melzi: its gardens are open to the public, where a little pavilion at the water’s edge (one of the landmarks of this shore) and a water garden can be found. For a guided tour, call 339.457.38.38.
- Villa Serbelloni: this is a large, grand building on the slopes of the Bellagio promontory, whose gardens and grounds only can be visited on organised tours (email@example.com).
- Canyoning: in Bellagio the first canyoning association was founded; canyoning is an exciting sport that consists in descending canyons dug by streams, using all sorts of techniques, from ropes to dives, jumps and slides; it is a fun but safe activity in a unique natural environment. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To try the traditional Mediterranean cuisine, we recommend you to dine at La Goletta Restaurant; located in the exclusive Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni, it offers high quality service and yet has an informal atmosphere, by the shore of Lake Como (+39 956.426).
- Featured on the Michelin Guide, Alle Darsene Restaurant boasts a rich menu with regional cuisine in an enchanting location, right next to the gardens of Villa Melzi (+39 95.20.69).
- If you are just looking forward to having a cup of tea or trying the Italian aperitivo, the classy café of the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is always open to the public from 10 am until midnight.
Visit to Bellagio: Download file