Just a few minutes drive from Poggio Verde you can visit the beautiful state park Val Curone, a small protected Valley completely out of the most common tourist itineraries. Here you can enjoy the silence of nature, dine in a centuries-old stone farmhouse and taste pleasant regional wine.
Our suggestion is to have a lunch at La Scarpata or Galbusera Nera, both rustic but refurbished farmhouses, and then discover the amazing Valley. You can cross Val Curone and the Regional Park of Montevecchia through trails full of vineyards and farms. Bike renting and English tours are available. You can taste and try wines at La Costa Agriturismo, connected to the Scarpata by a short path.
Length of Drive: 23 min (11 km) from Poggio Verde
Type of Visit: natural beauty / lunch / wine-tasting
Restaurant and Wine Tasting:
• La Costa winery, La Scarpata & Galbusera Nera- Via Curone, 15 – 23888 Perego (Lc) –
Tel: 039 531 2218
• Bike rental & guided tours in English email@example.com +39 335 6039 983
Things to see:
• Val Curone Park: After dining at La Scarpetta and buying some delicious local wine at La Costa, take a stroll in the beautiful vineyards of the Val Curone.
• Pyramids of Val Curone: three curious pyramid like formations can be seen; they are eastoriented
and arranged exactly like those of the plain of Giza, in Egypt. The highest of the three is 150 meters h. and would be higher than that of Cheops. Today they are completely covered by vegetation.
• Visit the park by bike: Contact Marco Spinelli at Bike Events for guided bike tours and rentals.
Visit Val Curone – Walk and Wine Tasting: Download file